Adobe's new "Publish Online" beta in InDesign CC 2015
With the latest edition of Adobe InDesign, they've included a "beta feature" they are sneaking up on for publishing InDesign files directly to the web. If I understand this right, it's a conversion from InDesign to HTML5 format web pages. It's still a "beta" implementation, but worth taking a look at if for no other reason than to see what might be coming our way soon as they work out the kinks.
Here is an experimental look at the latest installment of my Kokoro project, reformatted for landscape orientation and exported directly out of InDesign to the web. Fascinating technology that might be a very interesting addition to all our futures!
A few things of note:
- Layout integrity preserved — this is a HUGE improvement in web presentations
- Typography far more sophisticated than regular HTML — for example, font integrity!
- Layers and transparencies from the InDesign file are preserved
- One button export for a multi-page InDesign document to create a multi-page HTML presentation
- Page scaling for computer monitors, tablets, phones
Wow. All this and viewable in a browser. This could be very fun!